Welcome Home! If you’ve landed on my blog, then my guess is that you’re considering buying a home and have questions about a mortgage? I can’t wait to help answer those questions so you’re ready, confident, and comfortable with owning a home. I believe everyone should enjoy the wonderful benefits of owning a home!
Who Is Jeff Anderson? I’m a licensed residential mortgage loan originator. I’ve been helping families finance homes when we used typewriters and now we’re almost completely paperless and digital. After 20 years, I’ve been blessed to help almost 3000 families finance or refinance their home.
Before starting my career in mortgages, I graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point and spent five years as an artillery officer in the US Army. I served in the 1st Infantry Division at Fort Riley, KS and was awarded the Bronze Star during Operation Desert Storm. I have five wonderful grown children – Ryan, Matt, Joshua, Madelyn, and Will – and I believe I’m married to the most perfect woman God ever created. I’m really not that good at golf, but I still love to play. When I was younger, I used to fish every weekend but I’ll admit that my rods and reels are quite rusty now. I really appreciate a well-manicured lawn and someday, I’ll earn the “Yard of the Month” sign. Most recently, I’ve started tinkering with wood-working and making things with my hands.
How Can We Help You? Mortgage underwriting is a labyrinth of guidelines, so there’s usually more than one way to qualify for a mortgage loan. And the path for you may be completely different than the path for your co-worker, neighbor, or family member. The key is to identify what is important to you!This will be your home and your mortgage, so I need to know what makes you tick:
- How much money do you want to spend to buy your home?
- How much have you budgeted for your monthly payment?
- What price range of homes are you considering?
- How long do you plan to keep this home?
Why We Should Work Together! Every day, my team and I work to perfect four basic fundamentals. To be effective, we hope these four fundamentals are important to you as well.
- Communication: Simply put, we must ask questions! Our efforts are intended to meet your goals and desires. Should your desires or goals change, then we need to know.
- Accuracy: It doesn’t matter if you’re a first time homebuyer or a seasoned investor, almost every mortgage loan boils down to two simple questions:
- What is my monthly payment?
- And how much money will I need to close?
In order for us to properly answer these questions, we need accurate information and have a very specific list of documents that we’ll require to facilitate your mortgage loan and answer these two fundamental questions.
- Timeliness: When you sign a contract to purchase a home, you’ve entered into a legally binding contract with a closing date. A mortgage loan has 11 separate milestones before it can close. When we receive your contract, we will publish a timeline with due dates for each milestone. Together, we will work to meet or exceed each due date.
- Relevance: Buying a home is a fantastic experience that might only happen 2-3 times in a lifetime. As you can see from our testimonial page, we take great measures to ensure client satisfaction. We want to be relevant in your mortgage experience so we can receive your Five Star rating and the referrals of your family and friends.
Why the Pineapple? In the South, the pineapple represents the intangible attributes of a home – Welcome, Warmth, Friendship and Hospitality. We want you to enjoy the wonderful benefits of owning a home; the freedom to work in your yard and strive for the yard of the month sign, the security and stability that your home will provide your family and the financial gain that you’ll receive versus the cost of renting. If you’re ready to own a home, then we’re ready to help you down that path. Welcome Home!